By Heather Rivera, Entercom Austin
The month of February celebrates the Heart, and reminds us to take care of our Hearts. In the United States, 1 in 4 deaths is caused by Heart Disease. It’s the leading cause of death for both men and women. Heart Disease can be prevented and managed when you make healthier choices.
Do a #1THING step further by Going Green Heart Healthy. You can do this with the foods you eat. Go for Organic options. Exercise walking, running and other outdoor activities does the body and Mama Earth good.
Have you heard of the Jackfruit? A tropical fruit native to Asia that resembles pulled pork, and becoming one of the most popular meat alternatives for a healthier lifestyle. The Jackfruit is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, fat, proteins and more. It contains calories, but no cholesterol or saturated fats.
Here are 10 of the 25 Amazing Benefits of Jackfruit:
- Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease.Jackfruit has Vitamin B6 that makes it very heart-friendly
- Fights Wrinkles.Ground seeds that are dipped in milk and applied to wrinkles helps reduce the appearance.
- Promotes Hair Growth. Aids in healthy blood circulation, which helps with hair growth.
- Strengthens Immunity.A great source of Vitamin C and antioxidants, which can strengthen your immune system.
- Increases Protein Levels.The seeds are high in protein.
- Improves Digestion.A rich source of dietary fiber.
- Improves Eye Sight. Jackfruithas vital nutrients that help with eye health.
- Strengthens Bone Health. Jackfruitcontains calcium, which strengthens and promotes healthy bones.
- Reduces the Severity of Ulcers.Jackfruit has strong anti-ulcerative properties that can reduce ulcers and many other digestive system disorders.
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels. Jackfruit has a rich amount of Manganese that helps regulate blood sugar levels in the body.
Jackfruit is becoming 2018’s healthy meat alternative for many. Making Jackfruit Green Heart Healthy for you! Click here for Jackfruit Recipes!